A question that describe who you are and how you represent yourself so that people know and remember you. This bring us to the title of this blog ” personal Branding”. In this blog, we will be talking about the importance of personality development and how can we improve our personal image.
Whether you like it or not, you will be judged by people the moment you meet with them. It’s either you build your personal brand or allow others to do it for you.
Personal branding is not about selling yourself or a product. It’s truly representing yourself and being consistent with who you are. It is what sets you apart from the crowd and makes it easier for people who share your values and perspective to recognize you. An example of how brand awareness creates such importance? Think about Band-Aids. Rather than saying, “I need a bandage for this cut,” we say, “I need a Band-Aid,” referring to the brand., where Band-Aid is a company that manufacture bandage. That type of brand awareness is why Band-Aids have nearly monopolized the bandage market. I hope you might have understood what personal Banding is in a broader aspect.
Why Personal Branding is Important?
Whether you know it or not, you have a personal brand. When you Google yourself, what pops up? These results are the first impression people will have of you. Is it a good one? Do you have your results coming up or is it someone else? chances are someone is going to Google you to learn more about who you are. The question is, do you want to allow your online reputation to take on a life of its own or do you want to make your own brand and let people know you according to your perspective. The world has 7.6 Billion people, that being said, there are at the least a 1000 people good at the exact same thing you’re good at in your area of living, what could set you apart from the rest of these 999 people is having a personal brand. Branding is establishing yourself and presence on a known platform by making yourself known and associated with a particular field.
How can one Improve One’s Personal Branding?
Before you read the further content, one caveat, personal branding or reputation of any sort takes time to get build. Creating personal branding has a price attached to it! That price is your time, commitment and the value you should be able to create for your readers. My clear goal is to create valuable take away from each article, rather than creating continuous stream of news based releases, and that’s why you give your time and affection. So, here are a five quick tips to build your personal brand, do it gradually, with the aim of adding value for everyone:
1. Start an industry blog. Blog about things where you want to show your expertise, and share each story on Facebook, Twitter and relevant LinkedIn groups
2. Find questions being asked on Quora and Linked– In about your area of expertise. Answer as many of them as possible. Give links to your blog and of the key influencers’ blogs/sites in your group in the answers
3. Twitter: Find people who are influencers in your field including journalists, and follow them. Retweet their relevant tweets and tweet your own stuff. Attach links to your blog or videos intermittently.
4. Nothing beats video: If you can, get your video (5 minutes) recorded where you talk about issues in your industry and publish on YouTube every week. With more mobile access the demand for video content is already hitting the roof.
5. LinkedIn: Complete your profile, and use keywords to describe your skills and job descriptions. Ask for recommendations from influential or opinion leaders.
Role model’s for Personal Branding-
Its is very important for everyone to have a role model, this help you to have a goal set where you like to see yourself. I have been following many personalities from different domain, which I would like to share with you all as below. It is not necessary to have role model from the below mention people’s but it is important to have some who already has spectacular branding in his/her domain.
1. PAULO COELHO
2. Michelle Obama
I have been admiring all the mentioned value from quite a sometime and already started to see the change in my branding. In Today’s time, I have created my personal branding in such a way that people get to know about me before I introduce myself. This online reputation is something that have been building since months, a lot of perseverance and effort has been put behind it and its not the end it’s just an beginning towards making my brand stronger and broader day by day. With this blog of mine, I just want to all my fellow friends to have the same personal branding. To Know about my personal branding click below button –